Denver Child Injury Attorneys
As parents ourselves, there is nothing the legal team at Leventhal Puga Braley P.C. takes as seriously as child injuries. Negligence around children is inexcusable, especially when the adult in charge is being paid to supervise them. We have won several cases on behalf of child victims, including the largest medical malpractice verdict in Colorado - $17.8 million - to date. Call our trial lawyers if your child has been hurt and you believe you have a claim for compensation.
We have handled personal injury lawsuits on behalf of children injured in:
- Car crashes
- Pedestrian incidents
- Bicycle collisions
- Swimming pool mishaps
- On a school campus
- In a daycare facility
Our number is (877) 433-3906, and there is no charge for your initial consultation.
Though children may heal from some incidents better than adults can – for example, slip-and-falls usually aren’t that dangerous for them, though falls from heights can be – they’re smaller and more vulnerable to systemic damage. A drug overdose, for example, is more dangerous for a child.
- Greenstick fractures or other broken bones
- Head trauma, including brain damage
- Spinal cord injuries or paralysis
- Burns, which lead to scarring
- Organ damage, which can be caused by ingestion of toxins
- Serious lacerations or amputation
- Drowning or near-drowning
- Eye injuries, or other sensory damage
Filing a claim against a school district is more complicated that filing a claim against a private party. Since public schools are government-run, special deadlines and certain immunities to lawsuits may apply. This may also be the case if your child was injured during an extracurricular activity, like a sporting event. The sooner you report the incident, get your child medical attention, and seek legal help, the better.
Most daycares, on the other hand, are private for-profit entities that are supposed to be licensed and carry liability insurance. Whether the actions of one caregiver or the entire management were to blame for your child being hurt – even if by another child -- this insurance is meant to cover victims.
Our Denver child injury attorneys have assisted families in recovering:
- Medical bills – doctors’ visits, tests, inpatient care, rehabilitation therapy, as well as future medical treatment costs
- Counseling – therapist’s bills
- In-home care – modifications to your house or vehicle, hospital bed or respiratory machine installed, nursing staff, if necessary, etc.
- Lost wages – if you had to miss work to care for your child after the injury or in the future
- Cost of special schooling and education
- Compensation for lifelong disability or disfigurement
- Compensation for pain and suffering
- Compensation for emotional distress
For over forty years, Leventhal Puga Braley P.C. has represented the rights of injury victims, across the United States, from our office in Denver. If your child was hurt by another person, or suffered serious injury while under someone else’s care, you should seek justice. Call (877) 433-3906 to meet with a top trial lawyer. If we can assist your family, we will. Our clients come first, and our youngest clients come first of all.
- What Causes Pediatric Injury? - NIH
- Protect the Ones You Love: Child Injuries are Preventable - CDC
- Child Safety - MedlinePlus