Leventhal Puga Braley P.C. Trial Lawyer
Julia has dedicated her skills as a litigator to help individuals who have been permanently harmed by the negligence of others. Julia honed her litigation skills as an assistant public defender in Miami for 3 years. In 1995, Julia moved to Colorado and began her career representing victims of medical negligence when she entered private practice with Larry Schoenwald, an established medical malpractice attorney. In June 2018, Julia joined Leventhal Puga Braley P.C., where she continues her practice in the areas of medical malpractice and personal injury.
Julia has been on the Board of Directors of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association since 2000 and is currently Co-Chair of the Medical Malpractice Committee. She has been on the Board of the Colorado Women’s Bar Association Foundation since 2009. She served as the Vice President of the Colorado Women's Bar Association and was on its board for over eight years. She is also a member of the Colorado and Denver Bar Associations and the American Association for Justice.
When not working to promote justice for her clients, Julia enjoys hiking, skiing and scuba diving with her husband and two teenage boys.
- Medical Malpractice, including: spinal cord and brain injuries, delayed diagnosis of cancer, medication errors, and nursing negligence.
- Personal Injury, including: car crashes, slip and falls, and recreation-related injuries.
Boston College Law School
Boston, Massachusetts, 1992
J.D. Honors: Cum Laude
Susan G. Desmarais Award Recipient
Co-Chair of Public Interest Law Foundation
Haverford, Pennsylvania, 1987 B.A.
Elected Student Representative to the Board of Managers
Representative on the Board Committee responsible for divesting from South Africa
Memberships & Presentations
- Board of Directors, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, 1999-Present
- Co-Chair of CTLA Medical Malpractice Committee, 2009-18
- Member of the CTLA Amicus Committee, Author or Co-Author of 5 Amicus Briefs to Colorado Supreme Court
- Board of Directors, Colorado Women’s Bar Association Foundation, 2009-2018
- Board of Directors, Colorado Women’s Bar Association, 1998-2009
- Member, American Association for Justice
- 2015 CTLA Blockbuster: "The Colorado Governmental Immunity Act- Avoiding the Pitfalls"
- 2014 CTLA Convention: "The Autopsy Report = What Else Am I Missing"
- 2014 CTLA Subrogation Seminar: "Notice to Medical Beneficiary Provider"
- 2012 CTLA Convention, Co-Chair of Medical Malpractice Program
- Earned Martindale-Hubbell’s AV Preeminent 5 out of 5 rating and Top Rated Lawyers
- Selected to Colorado SuperLawyers, 2012-Present