Denver Mass Transit Injury Attorneys
Mass transit systems in Denver and throughout the US are the answer for millions of Americans to travel in a cost-effective and efficient manner. Unfortunately, using public transit is not free from risk. Negligent conduct from the operators, manufacturers, and others put thousands of innocent Americans at risk of severe injury or death in mass transit crashes, collisions, and derailment.
Mass transit systems are naturally large, and tend to move at high speeds. When they collide, come off their tracks, or in any way function in an unsafe manner, the potential injuries are catastrophic. If you or a loved one have suffered an injury or died from such an incident, the last thing you probably want to worry about is being swamped with legal paperwork and deadlines to file an insurance claim or lawsuit – but there’s no avoiding the financial impact such incidents can have. Our top Denver personal injury attorneys at Leventhal Puga Braley P.C., have devoted their careers to helping victims like you recover the maximum compensation you deserve while giving you space and freedom to focus on recovery and facing the changes in your lives.
There’s one thing that all mass transit injuries have in common: they are almost always preventable. With the advances in technology, mass transit disasters should not occur. Someone, at some point, dropped the ball and that negligence resulted in the collision, derailment, or whatever other incident caused your injury. Some of the common causes of such injuries include:
- Bus crashes: With the ever-increasing traffic on our streets, our public transportation buses are at constant risk of collision. Both the bus drivers and other drivers on the road are legally required to drive safely, follow the law, not be distracted, not drink and drive, and many other practices to maintain safety. Unfortunately, the NHTSA reports that over 63,000 bus collisions occur each year, injuring both the passengers and other drivers.
- Light rail collisions: The light rail system in Denver is a huge resource for residents and visitors to travel around the city without getting stuck in traffic. Unfortunately, when one of these trains derails or collides with another train, the injuries suffered can be catastrophic.
- Amtrak derailment: For Americans who want to travel medium or long distances, the Amtrak system provides cost-effective and comfortable train services. Unfortunately, America sees an average of 1,300 derailments, 85 collisions, and 425 other train catastrophes each year. Each case could have been avoided if proper safety measures were followed and the law was followed, and those who suffered injury or death deserve from such an incident deserve help.
Due to the inherent size and speed of mass transit vehicles, the injuries sustained by victims are often severe and life-altering, if not fatal. Some common examples include:
- Head and neck injuries
- Spine injuries
- Nerve damage
- Severe laceration
- Severe contusions
- Crushing injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
As an example, in 2017, the Amtrak train Cascades #501 failed to slow down when approaching a bridge and derailed, killing three people and injuring over 80. Many of the victims in the derailment were left seriously injured, and facing many challenges, both financially and emotionally.
At Leventhal Puga Braley P.C., we understand that no amount of money can replace the loss of a loved one or make the effects of a life-threatening or permanent injury vanish. But we also know that adequate financial compensation can help ease the burden of medical costs and adjusting to a changed life, allowing you to make the best of a traumatic situation. Our clients often receive compensation for both economic and non-economic injuries, such as:
- Immediate medical bills
- Future estimated medical costs
- Skilled nursing care
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Wrongful death compensation (for the family who has lost a loved one)
Our team at Leventhal Puga Braley P.C., is comprised of veteran trial attorneys who have proven themselves as true legal professionals over decades. The firm’s founder, Jim Leventhal, is a member of The Inner Circle of Advocates, an exclusive group comprised of the top 100 trial lawyers in the country. When we take a case, we devote all the needed time, attention, and resources it takes to protect the rights of our clients and to pursue the maximum compensation.
We offer a no-cost case analysis, and we demand no legal fees unless we win your case through settlement or jury verdict. Regardless of whether you live here in Colorado, or anywhere else in the country, contact us today toll-free at (877) 433-3906 or locally at (303) 759-9945 to schedule your consultation.