Hollynd Hoskins’ results-oriented practice on behalf of her clients for over two decades has made her a go-to for personal injury and medical malpractice representation in Colorado.
Leventhal | Puga, P.C. Trial Lawyer
Hollynd Hoskins is one of Colorado’s leading female litigators. As a partner at Leventhal & Puga, P.C., she exclusively represents individuals that have been catastrophically or traumatically harmed by others. Her award-winning litigation practice is focused on medical malpractice, personal injury, automobile/ trucking accidents and premises liability. Her clients benefit from her two decades of experience as a litigator, trying over 100 jury trials to verdict throughout the course of her career.
Since joining the practice of law, Hollynd has been a courtroom attorney and trial lawyer. She began her career as a Colorado State Public Defender serving her community aggressively representing indigent individuals, including homicides and death penalty cases, for over eleven years. Hollynd quickly earned an elevated position with the Colorado Public Defender’s Office as a Division Lead and Senior Attorney in Denver and Arapahoe Counties where she led and supervised other trial attorneys, investigators and paralegals. Her skills and results were recognized when she was named “Trial Lawyer of the Year” by the Colorado Public Defender’s Denver County office in 2002.
Hollynd entered private practice in 2004 when she joined Leventhal & Puga, P.C. At the firm, she serves as lead counsel directing the strategy of her trial team and focusing on securing results for her clients. She has vast experience in all phases of personal injury litigation including negotiation, discovery, pretrial motions, oral arguments, mediation, arbitration, and jury trials. Over the years, Hollynd has scored winning verdicts and negotiated large settlements for her personal injury clients. Her high-profile trial practice has included the representation of 15 patients that were infected with Hepatitis C at Rose Medical Center. In 2014, she secured a $5.5 million verdict in Denver County for her clients. It is Hollynd’s passionate advocacy for her clients that sets her apart from attorneys and has made her well known for working tirelessly to obtain multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts on their behalf.
As a leader in the Colorado legal community, Hollynd has been recognized for her excellence as a lawyer. She has been named a Top 50 Women Lawyer and Top 100 Lawyer by Colorado Super Lawyers Magazine for many years. She is also listed in the Best Lawyers in America and AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. Hollynd has been recognized as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by The National Trial Lawyers and selected as a Top Lawyer by 5280 Magazine. She also received the 2014 Metropolitan State University Professionalism Award and the 2012 Volunteer Award from Colorado Trial Lawyers Association. Hollynd is highly active in multiple bar associations and has given lectures other lawyers on trial tactics and techniques.
In her spare time, Hollynd stays active through cycling and playing golf. She is an accomplished athlete and was a NCAA Division 1 Collegiate Women’s Soccer Captain and a member of a NCAA Division 1 Women’s All-Regional Soccer Team. She was also a starting Receiver for the Colorado Valkyries, a women’s professional tackle football team. Hollynd grew up in Denver and was inducted into the East High School Athletic Hall of Fame in 2009.
University of Denver College of Law, J.D., 1992
Awarded the Harry McAllister Memorial Scholarship - as Best Qualified to Earn Respect as a Trial Advocate
Metropolitan State University of Denver – B.A., 1987
10.0 Superb/Top Attorney for:
Medical malpractice, Personal injury, Criminal defense | Avvo Profile
- Selected to Top 100 Colorado Super Lawyers 2017
- Selected to Top Lawyers in Denver, 5280 Magazine, 2016 - Present
- Named to Best Lawyers in America, 2013-Present
- Top 50 Women Colorado Super Lawyers, 2013-Present
- Selected to Colorado Super Lawyers, 2010-Present
- Earned Martindale-Hubbell’s AV Preeminent 5 out of 5 rating and Top Rated Lawyers
- Named The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2011-Present
- Metropolitan State University Professionalism Award, 2014
- Received 2012 Volunteer Award for assistance in reviving an injured patient’s right to bring a claim of Negligent Credentialing to over-turn the holding in Kauntz v. HCA Healthone, LLC, 174 P.3d 813 (Colo. App. 2007)
- Nominated for 2011 CTLA Case of the Year Award for her pro bono representation of a developmentally delayed woman against University of Colorado Dental School
- Denver Trial Attorney of the Year – Colorado State Public Defender’s Office, 2001
- Colorado State Public Defender Commissioner
- Select Indigent Criminal Pro-Bono representation
- Executive Committee Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- Volunteer Habitat for Humanity
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
Memberships & Publications
- Colorado Bar Association (CBA)
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association (CWBA)
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association (CTLA)
- Colorado State Public Defender Commission
- Colorado GLBT Bar Association
- CBA Budget Committee, 2012-14
- CTLA Board of Directions, 2013-2014
- CWBA Convention Co-Presenter, Leading the Appellate Court to the Evidence: Thinking Inside the Box, 2011
- CBA Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Presenter, Effective Technology in the Courtroom, 2009
- Published Motion in Rules of the Road: A Plaintiff Lawyer’s Guide to Proving Liability, 2nd edition, by R. Friedman and P. Malone, 2010
- 10 out of 10 AVVO Lawyer Rating